Monday, July 26, 2010

Fish Bowl

Hey leader...ever get the feeling that someone in your group is watching you? Not watching with an occasional glance but I mean really watching you...how you treat others, the language you use when in a tight situation, the amount of time you give to someone asking a question, whether you give thanks before you eat, whether you acknowledge the man in the corner sitting alone, or whether you directly talk to the newbie at group before anyone else does. The list goes on and on and on of ways those in your flock are watching!

Last week I was reminded that those in leadership indeed live in a fish bowl. No, I didn't get caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing...hehe. Rather it was a subtle encounter I had that caused me to remember that while I can sit in my office and communicate with my Coaches, leaders, and teachers...lots of people are watching how I conduct myself, lead our groups, and treat others. It was a great reminder of the awesome responsibility I've been given!

What about you? Do you find yourself living in a fish bowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment